International Gifts

Gifts by Americans to Victoria University

Under the Canada-United States Income Tax Convention, a citizen or resident of the United States is entitled to a charitable deduction for gifts to a Canadian university, provided he or she or a family member is or was enrolled. (Family member includes, spouse, children, grandchildren, parents and siblings.)
If these conditions do not apply, U.S. gifts may be made through the Associates of the University of Toronto Inc.

Gifts by residents of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to Victoria University
The University of Toronto has established a Fund account with the Charities Aid Foundation. Please contact them directly for information pertaining to the tax treatment of gifts in the United Kingdom. The University's Fund reference number is T70139430.

Gifts by residents of Hong Kong to Victoria University
The University of Toronto Hong Kong Foundation solicits and receives donations for scholarships enabling undergraduate students from Hong Kong with financial need to attend the University of Toronto.

This information provided is general in nature and does not constitute legal or financial advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice. We strongly encourage you to seek professional legal, estate planning and/or financial advice before deciding on you plan of action.